Since 2006 I have been working as a communication trainer for presentation and conversation. I started alongside my communication studies and continued during my work as an editor/film director at fischerAppelt. There I prepared international board members and product managers in moderation trainings for their on-camera appearances.
My passion and focus are on the topic of voice and self-developed methods which enable successful communication and promote trust between people.
I gained my knowledge not only from conversations I overhear on the bus and train or in the local café, but also from my professional experience and my qualifications:
Education & memberships
- – Currently completing training in communication psychology at Schulz von Thun Institut für Kommunikation
- Advanced training on negotiation and team member of Jack Nasher – Negotiation Consultant
- Leadership trainer, training and graduation at the Dr. Thorsten Bosch Akademie, Schondorf am Ammersee
- Mentoring with Isabel García – Die Rednerin
- Active in the DGSS (German Society for Speech Science and Speech Training)
- Trained editor & film director: fischerAppelt, play GmbHand Akademie für Publizistik, Hamburg
- Speaker, further education with actressBarbara Stoll
- M.A. Speech Science / Focus: Voice, Phonetics, Conversation
- B.A. Language & Communication / Focus: Linguistics, History of language, Speech Science
Combination of Speech Science and film directing
I apply the knowledge from my Speech Science studies (speech and conversation techniques, voice) in my work as a speaker and film director.
- As a film director, I lead the camera crew, actors and extras on set. My tasks is to lead with my communication style in a way that everyone follows my instructions and feels comfortable at the same time. This is because a pleasant atmosphere is a prerequisite for an authentic sound on tape of the actors and an excellent performance of the team.
- In the run-up to a shooting, I use empathy-based persuasion to win clients for concepts and ideas.
- As a speaker, I specifically use my voice in front of the microphone, in order to create certain atmospheres and instil confidence in the product. For this purpose, I combine speech characteristics of competence with speech characteristics of sympathy.
The key to a winning speaking style: the combination of competence & likeability
And according to Claudio Aquiva:
„Fortiter in re, suaviter in modo“ = “Pleasantly in manner, powerfully in deed.”
This post is also available in: German